Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fart Trap

Have you ever been caught in someone else's fart trap? Yesterday, at the pharmacy counter in my local Sainsbury's, it happened to me. There I was queueing up, waiting to pick up a prescription, minding my own business. The woman ahead of me was being served. I kept a respectful distance mindful of the fact that the pharmacist had just shouted "is it a contraceptive you're looking for" to her at the top of her voice. Poor woman. She'd turned bright red.

Anyway, once the woman had been given her (gasp) contraceptives, she moved away and I took her place at the counter. The pharmacist had disappeared into the back and I took the opportunity to dig around inside my bag for my purse. That's when I smelt it... the contraceptive woman's fart that she'd left behind. The aroma intensified around me in an acrid invisible cloud. I spotted the pharmacist coming back to serve me.

"Can I help you?" she asked, her nose wrinkling in disgust.

There was nothing I could do. I was trapped in another woman's fart with no way out.
|