Friday, September 23, 2005

Back to school

Monday was officially an "incredibly strange day". I went back to university for the first time in nine years. Although it has been in the pipeline for some time, the whole newness of this change in my life only became real as I sat down in the lecture theatre, lifted my bag onto my desk and took out a pad and a pen. A peculiar feeling swept over me: familiarity and unfamiliarity all at once. I've carried out that action countless times in my life but somehow it felt like a flashback rather than something that was actually taking place in real time. It was at that point that I actually felt like my life had changed. Until then it had all been an idea, a concept. Now it's real and it feels very, very strange. I wonder where I'll end up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
|